There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hate to Ashes ...wounded...Love to dust

Thumping,thump thump
roaring rushing
two hearts pounded,
The stillness filled with
the heartbeats...

Silently he approaches
whispering to each his own,
inevitable, guaranteed, with sadness
he ponders their game.


Frightened, tormented, eyes seek the other
Louder than the missiles exploding,
Thumping thumping
They find each other.


Without thought, weapons are raised,
You are the enemy
There is a pause
time takes a breath,

thumping thumping thump thump

Their eyes lock,
each just as startled
at the fragility of this body,
Unanswered questions,
saturate the bloodied air.

Patiently he watches them, pondering this
ancient game...


At the point of entry,
That crimson explosion,
The silence without the beat,
And yet those eyes stare
The oceans that separated their worlds,
diminished.

Hands covered in the blood soaked dust
raised in prayer
Different cultures,poisoned never bridged
brothers shot.
Looking into the endless pits of those eyes
Seeing the grief, for that now fatherless child,
Seeing the pain of leaving unexpectedly
But unbearable in those eyes was the grief
For realizing that the death was worthless,

Why did you kill me?
Why did I kill you?
Oh god, forgive me.
Forgive me brother,
And in the dust these yes kept their eternal stare
Staring at nothing,
yet sorrowed with the insight of the world,
At entry into the abyss of death,
Two souls separated by cultures,
divided by centuries,
Dissolved into one,
Reflected in the eyes

He stands over them now,
impartial waiting
thump thump thump th...
as abruptly as it had began
it ended.


Nandi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, the week before was filled with themes.. I was watching Flags of our fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima and Thin Red Line...You have stretched it to this week.

i have never seen war in my life.. For a long long time, that is until Cable TV and Internet raided my home stuffed with with behind-the-war-scene stories, i thought war would be 'funny'.. I loved the idea of holding a gun and running over an enemy post.. Now as i look back i feel fortunate to be adequaetly far away from all that.. I am happy that wars and guns never entered my life, though I am afraid it's just a matter of time before a missile hits me!

Anonymous said...

**filled with War themes i mean**