There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Song of Solitude




Sometimes, in the aftertaste of love
There is a point
That exists neither as space nor time
But a hollow void that complexes its victim
For an instant, and yet an eternity
Where the soul lingers
saddened and tired,
barely living
in the twilight of the mind--

waiting for your return,


We were lovers
drinking eternity
And then you inscribed our story
on the memories of time
immortalized yet forgotten
the winds cruel, jealous of love
covered it with sand,
this barren land now,
unbearable in the day,
frigid at night
the twilight is no longer calm,
the darkness is filled with despair
and corrupted with loss.

Sanity un-woven, ripped apart
the fragile fabric of a union
with the loss of your love.

This twilight once bright,
promising refuge for lovers
now becomes the lair of demons,
born of doubt and fear
to torment and drink my blood
Consuming my sanity,
I beg them to find you
Losing my pride and vanity

Searching the wilderness of
Doubt for an omen
I await your return,
at the doorstep of time,
Waiting with hope stained
with despair
looking towards the merciless sun
slowly sinking into
the abyss of unrequited desire
welcoming the eternal torment
in the twilight of my mind

No comments: