There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Bird and the Tree

The bird perched on the old branch
sighed deeply and questioned the tree,
'Father Oak, why are you so strong?
My family has nested in you for generations,
they have passed and yet you are here.'
'My Child,' the Oak replied
'There is one who gives me the strength,
to protect those whom I love and hold dear,
My duty is to shelter my children,
without question this duty I bear
providing a home for one thousand or ten
giving them warmth, removing their fear.'
'But Father Oak!' the bird excalimed
'I have done nothing for you,
why are you so kind?
Oak without hesitation replied
'Precious child, every morning,
I listen to your charming chirping,
Tis a gift I treasure,
When you accepted me as your protector,
And nested in my heart,
This is all I need, my soul soars,
to know that you child,
came back to me.'

Nandi
10-21-01

No comments: