There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Voice of Sanity

In the night when life sighs
And thoughts begin to haunt man,
whispers of Desire's petals flutter in
As a chilly breeze passes over the strand.

The forbidden fruit of dreams
tempts my sanity
As I envision this path
That blossoms in front of me.

In this mind, Decision spews her wrath,
And a storm begins to brew,
suddenly a silence overwhelms the tempest,
And the raging storm vanishes.

Tendrils of a mystifying dew are left,
As an enthralling song weaves
itself into this silence,
Commanding the attention of all beings.

Into the intense melody of this tune
the righteous and the sinners fall
It is the voice of Sanity, singing to the weak
and beckoning the strong.

She plays this melody to our hearts,
embracing a virtue nestled there,
this ancient voice, gentle like a mother's touch,
yet more alluring than Desire's web.

She commands her subjects,
to listen to this song,
A beacon to the tempest that is life,
fencing the chasm of chaos.

I stop to listen,
And a window of peace materializes
As the Voice of sanity
Echoes through my mind.

Nandi
10-20-02

No comments: