There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Above Man

I exist in every woman,
I am the essence of what you love in her
empress of that land which you dare not enter.
I am diabolical and will take all that you can offer.
Promises I make not, yet you want me,
because you will have no other.
I will break you And laugh while I do.
Your heart I'll steal, spirit I'll trap.
My slave you will become
but Love I will give you not.
I am part of every woman
I am what makes her sensual
desirous to your lecherous eyes.
You wish to be my emperor
this dream of yours will never be true.
Instead , in front of my altar,
ego broken, on your knees you crawl,
like the moth snared by the flame,
you burn in your own desire.
You loathe this in every woman
because you know that I am there,
An independent being whom
you dare not address because
you know that in her lair you are useless
true to her beauty,
your heart she'll arrest
this cruel judge, your empress

Nandi 09-30-02

No comments: