There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Night

It slithers in like a venomous snake,
As daylight dims, darkness crawls in
Engulfing the earth in
An untainted virgin silence.
It Calms an anxious heart,
while the mind sighs.
Tranquil moonlight soothes troubled senses
as dreams idly, lazily begin to form,
Tales of mystery, love, horror and fantasy
With these surreal visions,
windows of ecstasy open.
In the calm of the night,
a concept in life becomes clear,
some reason for being
As the moon in all her glory,
An empress shining her radiant light
Slicing through the darkness of the night.
Night, for some , it is the best part of the day
When nocturnal predators hunt sleeping prey
Darkness offering their only refuge.
They cower and await the morning
Which will awaken their senses
And lessen their fears
As daylight swallows the darkness
And the sun brightens the night.
Nandi (1997) . (I was 15 do gimme a break:D)
I had forgotten about it until two years later when I found this poem in my diary.

No comments: