There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Friday, December 16, 2005

An Apology to Poetry

On writing poems, there is a distant image in the back of my mind that slowly takes form as I begin to write. Some of the descriptions and alliterations may not make any semblance of sense to the reader, but it simply humble attempt on my path, a mere description of the thoughts in my mind and the emotions that I experience. Some of these poems are compilations of feelings that have built up over the years and they are all tangled in a web of thought and emotions that are sometimes a bit overwhelming so I may not be able to pinpoint a particular idea or state exactly what I mean, I even find myself writing against what I feel, somewhat of an antithesis to express an optimism against a sometimes dreary world. Some poems express ideas, views on what I wish should be and some express fears. A poem is a way of expressing a though, some thoughts may be raw and some bitter, in poetry I try to save the reader from the rawness of those thoughts, I put it in a descriptive flowery way that will leave someone with a feeling of completion rather than pain. sometimes the rhyming schemes are skewed and the descriptions a bit bizarre, but in my mind as I write each word, it flows to my ears because it is like painting a picture of that image emerging from the depths of my mind, what I would sacrifice, in writing would be the rules, that I leave to masters of this art...I simply attempt to state what I envision and trust.

No comments: