There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Eye of the Storm

A storm rages in my soul.
A broken heart, empty
I finally let you go
But now this void, presents
Loneliness my uttermost foe.

A ruthless mind, spurned by grief
Fights with a heart longing,
Wanting to keep you trapped.
Waves of love
Crash
upon the ominous jagged
Rocks of deception.

To hate you, I cannot do,
The unbearable ceaseless salty raindrops,
Pummel from pools of grief onto
Soft memories,
slashing, tearing
Leaving only the bitter driftwood
Pain inscribed.

I look into your eyes the storm is quelled
You do not love me anymore
Of that, I’m sure.
The mind consoles the wounded heart,
Grieving for Loved drowned in the salty sea
I am setting you free.

New love will be born, maybe.
I have one wish for you,
Because I’ve suffered for two,
May this storm steer clear of your course,
And love be safe harbor.
I know that buried under
a sea of tears and regret,
My soul keeps your love forever.


-----------Nandi (11-01-01)

No comments: