There are many repeated elements in these (poems),simply these elements are the muse that sustains my thought. My favorite form of poetry is the epic. From this I borrowed the style that narrates a story but due to a turbulent mind and a mercurial muse, many of these (poems) lack the length that is characteristic of the epic.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The rebirth of hope

In the dreary afterthought of silence,
In the calm after a storm
A sliver of gold crept through,
And a little being took form
A metamorphosis was complete,
The earth rotated slowly
shifted into the west at noon
sunlight pierced through a
sliver in the small cocoon
The drop of rain suspended on a leaf
A viscous diamond,
dazzling the sleeping babe.
The little being began to awaken
The grey heavy mist of despair
Began to lift softly like
the tendrils of smoke
From a flickering flame.
In a hollow tube,
surrounded by silent threads
This little being stretched
And shifted and grazed
a delicate paper thin
wing against the hard shell.
A tiny little cracking , echoed through
The little shell.
The little one looked out onto the world and was awed
By the captivating hues that surrounded him,
Colors every where mixed and rare,
The intoxicating reflection of the blue captured in the sky
Then suddenly there was a cloud that
blocked out the view of the little one
storm clouds thundered and there was a war
blood gushed about and fell on the leaves of that plant
the little one peeking out from his little cocoon
with eyes innocent and bright
pleaded with the creator,
keep me here with you
It is hectic there, in here your embrace
I was kept warm and snug
but don't send me out there
the creator smiled and assured the little one
trust in me and you will be safe,
let the angry ones destroy what they can,
they have forgotten my name
but soon I will show
that murder is not the way to attain my grace
but rather surrender like you did little one,
I created you to be beautiful
do not worry about the predators, they will always be there
but look too at the flowers I put in the garden for your delight
everyone craves what is beautiful, you are rare
you have my blessing, take your flight with care

No comments: